Story: The Tale of Two Birds Solutions: Class 6th English Tulip Series
There once lived a bird and her two newborn babies in a forest. They had a nest in a tall, shady tree and there the mother bird took care of her little one day and night.
Question Answer Story: The Tale of Two Birds Solutions
Q1. How did the two baby birds get separated?
Answer: The two birds got separated by a strong wind. A strong wind blew and a big, heavy branch hit the nest and killed the mother bird. The wind blew the two birds away to the other side of the forest.
Q2. Where did each of them find a home?
Answer: One bird found himself near the cave of robbers and the other bird found himself near the rishi’s ashram.
Q3. What did the first bird say to the stranger?
Answer: The first bird said nothing to the stranger but instead informed the robbers about him and called them to make a hurry to take away his jewels and horse.
Q4. What did the second bird say to him?
Answer: The second bird welcomed him with a gentle and soft voice and offered him cold water to drink.
Q5. How did the rishi explain the different ways in which the birds behaved?
Answer: The rishi explained by saying that one is known by the company one keeps. One bird lives in the cave of robbers so he had learned only to rob the people and talks about robbing the people. The other bird had always learned the talks of rishi’s so he welcomes people.
Q6. Which one of the following statements sums up the story best?
(i) A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
(ii) One is known by the company one keeps.
(iii) A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Answer:. (ii) One is known by the company one keeps.
- Fill in the blanks with appropriate words:
Landed, amazed, hit, flew, surprises
- The strong wind ____________ the birds away deep into the forest.
- One of the birds ___________ outside a rishi’s ashram.
- The king seemed __________ to hear a similar voice again.
- The heavy branch __________ the nest and killed the bird.
- Life is full of __________.
- 1. The strong wind flew the birds away deep into the forest.
- One of the birds landed outside a rishi’s ashram.
- The king seemed amazed to hear a similar voice again.
- The heavy branch hit the nest and killed the bird.
- Life is full of surprises.
- Write down the meaning of the following phrases:
- blew away: To separate, to dissipate
- rode after: To follow, to chase
- rode away: To leave at once
- got off: To get down, to leave
- lookup: Search for
- make friends: To be friends with others, politeness
- Sum up the moral of the story in your own words.
Ans. ‘A tale of two birds’ is a story that shows the behavior of two birds. The two birds lived in a forest with their mother. A strong wind kills their mother and separates them from one another. One finds his home near the cave of robbers and the other the rishi’s ashram. One learns the behavior of rishi and behaves politely and the other learns the behavior of robbers and behaves rudely. Since both, the birds lived in two different places therefore both the birds adapted different behavior and attitude. This clarifies that on is known by the company one keeps. So, the moral of the story is ‘One is known by the company one keeps.’
- Write 100 to 200 words on ‘A man is known by the company he keeps.’
Ans. A man is known by the company he keeps
‘A man is known by the company, he keeps’ is an old proverb. Usually, our elders advise us, not to mix up with the bad company, to avoid bad company, and keep good company. A person with bad company adapts bad characters and thoughts. A Bad character person is always disrespected by everyone. On the other hand, a person with has good company adapts good character and attitude. He talks politely and is always kind to others. He is respected by everyone. Good friends are a source of pleasure. We should be careful while making friends. A bad friend in a company spoils the whole company. So, it is good to have good company.
GRAMMAR WORK Start Story: The Tale of Two Birds
Change the narration of the following:
- The teacher says, “Rahul will pass.”
Ans. The teacher says that Rahul will pass.
- The servant will say, “Dinner is not ready.”
Ans. The servant will say that dinner is not ready.
- Mona says, “Sana will do her work on Tuesday.”
Answer. Mona says that Sana will do her work on Tuesday.
- Saba said, “I will join the college.”
Answer. Saba said that he would join the college.
- Rama says, “I will study at the University.”
Answer. Rama says that he will study at University.
- Bashir said, “I will take up science subjects.”
Answer. Bashir said that he would take up science subjects.
- Kiran says, “I will take up arts subjects.”
Answer. Kiran says that she will take arts subjects.
- Raja will say, “I cannot study mathematics.”
Answer. Raja will say that he cannot study mathematics.
- Suhana will say, “My favourite actor is Shahrukh Khan.”
Answer. Suhana will say that her favorite actor is Shahrukh Khan.
- Ragini will say, “I want to become a painter.”
Answer. Ragini will say that she wants to become a painter.