Lesson 3 Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) Class 6th_English This chapter throws light on the life of the most venerated religious, social, and political leader who is also the last prophet and founder of Islam, Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). Prophet Muhammad was born into the most powerful tribe in Mecca, the Quraish, around 570 A.D.
Muhammad was the founder of Islam and the proclaimer of the Qurʾān, Islam’s sacred scripture.1 He spent his entire life in what is now the country of Saudi Arabia, from his birth about 570 A.D. in Mecca to his death in 632 in Medina. According to Islamic tradition, the Qurʾān understood as a literal transcription of the speech of God (Allah), was revealed to Muhammad in stages by the archangel Gabriel, beginning in 610.
Answer the following questions of Lesson 3 Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) Class 6th_English
Q1. When and where was Mohammad (PBUH) born?
Ans. Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) was born in 571 A D, more than fourteen hundred years back, in a respectable family in Makkah in Saudi Arabia.
Q2. Who was Halima? Why did she bring up Mohammad (PBUH)?
Ans. Halima Sadia was the foster mother of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). She brought up Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) for four years.
Q3. Why did the Arabs kill their daughters, and how?
Ans. Arabs killed their daughters because they considered daughters inferior to boys, so nobody wanted girls to be born to them. Therefore, whenever a daughter was born, the father would take her away, dig a pit and bury her alive.
Q4. How old was Mohammad (PBUH) when his mother died?
Ans. Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) was six years old when His (PBUH) mother died.
Q5. How old was Mohammad (PBUH) at the death of his grandfather, and who looked after him afterward?
Ans. Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) was eight years old when His (PBUH) grandfather died. His (PBUH) uncle, Abu Talib looked after Him (PBUH).
Q6. Why and with whom did Mohammad (PBUH) go to Syria?
Ans. Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) went to Syria with His (PBUH) uncle, Abu Talib for the trade of merchandise.
Q7. What advice did the monk give Abu Talib, and why?
Ans. The monk advised Abu Talib not to continue the journey of the Prophet (PBUH), instead to take Him (PBUH) back to Makkah.
Q8. When did Mohammad (PBUH) visit Syria a second time? What happened there?
Ans. The second time, Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), was sent to Syria by Khadija (RA) to sell Her merchandise. During the visit, a priest started observing Him (PBUH), which created suspicion among people.
Q9. How did Mohammad (PBUH) prove as a trader?
Ans. Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) proved as an honest, truthful, and good dealing trader. Due to this, He (PBUH) came to know as ‘Ameen’ (the custodian).
Q10. How did Khadija (RA) come to know about Mohammad (PBUH)?
Ans. Khadija (RA) heard from the people about honesty, straightforwardness, and his dealings during his trade trip to Syria.
Q11. Where did Mohammad (PBUH) see the angel? What did he tell Him (PBUH) to do?
Ans. Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) saw the Angel in Hira Cave. He asked Him (PBUH) to read.
Q12. Who was Warqa? Why did Mohammad (PBUH) see him?
Ans. Warqa was a Christian scholar and nephew of Khadija (RA). Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) met Warqa to relate the incident that happened in the Hira Cave.
Q13. What was the age difference between Mohammad (PBUH) and Khadija (RA) when they got married? How many children did they have?
Ans. There was a difference of 15 years between Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) and Khadija (RA), when They got married. At that time Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) was 25 years old and Khadija was 40 years old. They had six children.
Q14. Did people readily accept what Mohammad (PBUH) told them? How do you know?
Ans. No, people did not readily accept what Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) told them, as the Arabs were pagans, they worshiped many gods. Many of them opposed Him (PBUH)
Q15. Why did Mohammad (PBUH) leave Makkah?
Ans. Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) left Makkah because most of the Arabs became his arch enemies and tried to keep Him (PBUH) away from propagating the message of Allah.
- Say whether the statements are true or false. Write T or F in the spaces.
- Mohammad (PBUH) was born after his father’s death. True
- Halima was Mohammad’s (PBUH) foster mother. True
- Mohammad (PBUH) visited Syria when he was four years old. False
- The first Christian monk met Mohammad (PBUH) in Makkah. False
- The Christian priest found all the signs of the last Prophet in Mohammad. True
- Abdul Mutalib was Mohammad’s (PBUH) uncle. False
- Abu Talib did not like Mohammad (PBUH). False
- ‘Ameen’ is the title that Mohammad (PBUH) got because of his honesty. True
- Hira is the name of the house where Mohammad (PBUH) saw Gabriel (AS) for the first time. False
- Mohammad (PBUH) became the Prophet when he was 33. True
- The Qur’an was revealed to Mohammad (PBUH) when he migrated to Madina. False
- Mohammad (PBUH) left Makkah on his own. False
- The first Islamic Government was established in Madina. True
- Hajj is performed in the first month of the Muslim calendar. False
LANGUAGE WORK Lesson 3 Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) Class 6th_English
- Guess the meaning of the underlined phrases in these sentences:
- We should cut down our expenses if the shop is to make a profit. Reduce
- Our school will come out with its progress report. Appear, Prove
- You should not disrespect your elders but carry out their orders. Obey
- He gave up smoking three months back. Quit, Left
- They promised to support him in his elections but later backed out. Withdraw
- The plane takes off at 5 a.m. We should be at the airport one hour before its departure. Depart